Monday 22 March 2010

female Graphic Designers outnumbered?

Re: ‏
From:Alex Tedford (alex@jpds.co.uk)
Sent:18 March 2010 16:30:46
To:vicky smith (vicki999@hotmail.com)
Attachments: 1 attachment
image.gif (4.3 KB)
Hi Vicky,

I think graphic design is perceived as a mainly male job. Whenever I begin corresponding with someone new by email, they always presume I am male, even though my name can be for either sex. I also get a lot of mail for ‘Mr Alex Tedford’. We take on work experience students from Chester Uni & last year I told the WBL department twice that I am female, having received all their mail addressed to ‘Mr’. I got an apology letter off them, but again this year their correspondence is addressed to “Mr’.
As to whether there are actually more men, we actually get more females coming for work experience, but I have a suspicion that is because females are a little less workshy ;) !!

Kind Regards,
Alex Tedford
_______________________________________________________


Awarded the prestigious Design Firms 
award for Graphic Design 2006-2007

jpdscreative
Third Floor, Redwither Tower, Wrexham. LL13 9XT
Tel: 01978 664458  Fax: 01978 660339  Web: www.jpds.co.uk
_______________________________________________________

No comments: